One arrested, two shot in Bourbon Street violence

Earlier report of two suspects erroneous

Chris Miller
July 27, 2018 - 12:33 pm
Categories: 

A shooting on Bourbon Street injured two men this morning, and a 26-year-old man is in custody.

New Orleans Police say they had officers in the area of Bourbon and Conti streets this morning when the shots rang out shortly before 5:00 a.m.

"Upon arrival, officers discovered two victims at the scene, a 37-year-old male suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg, and a 28-year-old male with multiple gun shot wounds to the body" police said in a statement. "EMS transported the victims to a nearby hospital for treatment. Both victims are now listed in stable condition."

Police say the victims and the suspect were walking in opposite directions when they encountered each other near the intersection of Bourbon and Conti. Police say the suspect, Aaron Hill, drew his gun and began shooting. There was no indication that the subjects had been involved in any kind of altercation immediately prior to the shooting, cops said.

Early reports from police on the scene that there were two gunmen were apparently incorrect.

The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to call Eighth District detectives at (504) 658-6080 or Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111 or toll free at (877) 903-7867 (STOP). Callers to Crimestoppers do not have to leave their names and may be eligible for a cash reward.

Comments ()