No bail for accused Metairie spree killer

Chris Miller
July 23, 2019 - 2:29 pm
Categories: 

A judge at the Jefferson Parish courthouse today denied bail for 22-year-old Sean Barrette, who is accused of going on a murderous shooting spree last month. Barrette faces charges of first and second degree murder.

Investigators say Barrette randomly selected his victims as he shot them with a .40 caliber pistol. Detectives seized a handgun of that caliber from Barrette's home, and Jefferson Parish Sheriff Joe Lopinto said the ballistics matched the three murders in Metairie, and link Barrette to a killing in New Orleans days earlier.

Barrette has also been linked to non-fatal shooting incidents in Metairie, Kenner, and New Orleans.

Lopinto says Barrette has a history of being committed for mental health treatment.  The sheriff says in April the 22-year-old shot himself in the hand before being committed on an order of protective custody.  He was also committed in December.

After today's hearing, Nicole Robeau, who's dad Nicky Robeau was killed in the shooting spree, said what Barrette is accused of doing has wrecked her family's life.

"This just basically destroyed our life and took the most amazing man away from us," she said of her father's murder. "He would just do anything for his family. He loved his wife, his kids, his grandkids."
 

Comments ()