Demolition on track to remove bodies from Hard Rock in two weeks

Crews sticking to schedule released last week

Beau Tidwell
Categories: 

The city of New Orleans today confirmed that the demolition of the partially collapsed Hard Rock Hotel construction site is on track to allow for removal of the bodies trapped in the rubble to start in the next two weeks.

Mayor Cantrell's Director of Communications, Beau Tidwell said, "As I said last week, we are seeing steady progress ... we are on track for our time line.  Hopefully recovery will begin on (July) the 13th."

He says the process to recover the two workers bodies should be done shortly after that.

"It could take four to five days...  so it may be closer to the 18th by the time we see a removal."

The Hard Rock partially collapsed on October 12th. 2019.

Three people died.  One of the victims was already removed.

Monday, Tidwell, expects to see part of the building starting to come down.

Teams have been demolishing surrounding buildings and pieces of cranes.

Comments ()