National

Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez listens to testimony during his double murder trial in Suffolk Superior Court in Boston, Wednesday, April 5, 2017. Hernandez is standing trial for the July 2012 killings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado, who he encountered in a Boston nightclub. The former NFL player is already serving a life sentence in the 2013 killing of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd. (Nancy Lane/The Boston Herald via AP, Pool)
April 05, 2017 - 11:11 pm
BOSTON (AP) — Jurors in the double murder trial of ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez are set to hear closing arguments after more than a month of testimony about a crime prosecutors that say was fueled by anger over a spilled drink. Closing arguments are scheduled for Thursday in Suffolk Superior Court...
Read More
Las Vegas police and SWAT officers surround a home of Nicolai Howard Mork as they clear the property, Wednesday, April 5, 2017, in Las Vegas. Mork, who had been free on bail for three months while fighting explosives and firearms charges, was arrested late Wednesday on counts of terrorism and possession of weapons of mass destruction, authorities said. Mork was taken into custody at one of his homes in a southern Las Vegas neighborhood after police evacuated residents from several nearby homes. (AP Photo/John Locher)
April 05, 2017 - 10:50 pm
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Las Vegas man who has been free on bail for three months while fighting explosives and firearms charges was arrested late Wednesday on counts of terrorism and possession of weapons of mass destruction, authorities said. Nicolai Howard Mork's defense attorney, Nicholas Woolridge,...
Read More
FILE - This Dec. 23, 2016 file photo shows Atlanta Hawks forward Thabo Sefolosha (25), of Switzerland, in the second half of an NBA basketball game in Denver. Sefolosha has settled his lawsuit against New York City that stemmed from a police fracas outside a trendy Manhattan nightclub. The Daily News reports Wednesday, April5, 2017 that Sefolosha will get $4 million. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski, file)
April 05, 2017 - 9:29 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Atlanta Hawks player Thabo Sefolosha settled his lawsuit against New York City after he was acquitted of criminal charges stemming from a police fracas outside a trendy Manhattan nightclub that left him with a broken leg and the end of his NBA season. The Daily News ( http://nydn.us...
Read More
April 05, 2017 - 9:16 pm
BOSTON (AP) — An attorney is defending a proposed settlement between a man and Dunkin' Donuts shops that could mean $500 for the lead plaintiff, free buttered baked goods for hundreds of other customers and a big payout for law firms that handled the class action case. Jan Polanik had sued a...
Read More
FILE - This Dec. 7, 2012 file photo shows The USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. The CEO of a nonprofit organization that supports the National Park Service's operations in Pearl Harbor has been suspended while the group's board investigates allegations made in an anonymous letter. Pacific Historic Parks Board of Directors member and spokesman Jim Boersema said Wednesday, April 5, 2017, that Ray L'Heureux was placed on paid administrative leave last week. (AP Photo/Eugene Tanner, File)
April 05, 2017 - 8:31 pm
HONOLULU (AP) — The CEO of a nonprofit organization that supports the National Park Service's operations in Pearl Harbor has been suspended while the group's board investigates allegations made in an anonymous letter. Pacific Historic Parks Board of Directors member and spokesman Jim Boersema said...
Read More
President Donald Trump talks about the attack in Syria during a news conference with Jordan's King Abdullah II, Wednesday, April 5, 2017, in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)
April 05, 2017 - 8:19 pm
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday: 1. WHAT TRUMP NOW SAYS ABOUT SYRIA President Donald Trump declares the deadly chemical attack in Syria crossed "many, many lines" and abruptly transformed his thinking about Syrian President...
Read More
April 05, 2017 - 7:55 pm
HONOLULU (AP) — The CEO of a nonprofit organization that supports the National Park Service's operations in Pearl Harbor has been suspended while the group's board investigates allegations made in an anonymous letter. Pacific Historic Parks Board of Directors member and spokesman Jim Boersema said...
Read More
This June 6, 2016 photo taken in Honolulu shows a bumper sticker Hawaii officials distributed in a campaign for a Hawaii boy who disappeared 20 years ago. The child, known as "Peter Boy," became the face of missing and abused children in the late 1990s and early 2000s. The father of the boy is expected to appear in court for a hearing Wednesday, April 5, 2017, where it's possible he'll accept a plea deal in the murder case against him. (AP Photo/Jennifer Sinco Kelleher)
April 05, 2017 - 7:54 pm
HONOLULU (AP) — The father of a Hawaii boy who went missing 20 years ago pleaded guilty to manslaughter Wednesday in a deal with prosecutors that requires him to reveal the location of the child's body. Peter Kema Sr. also entered a guilty plea to hindering prosecution and agreed to a 20-year...
Read More
In this Tuesday morning, April 5, 2017 photo, from left, Therese Howard, Randy Russell and Jerry Burton speak to reporters before heading into a courtroom in Denver, to stand trial for allegedly violating the city's camping ban. The three defendants are trying to turn the tables on the city by drawing attention to what they think is an immoral law that makes it dangerous for homeless people trying to survive on the street. (AP Photo/Colleen Slevin)
April 05, 2017 - 7:22 pm
DENVER (AP) — Three advocates for the homeless were convicted Wednesday of violating Denver's camping ban, one of many that have been enacted in rapidly gentrifying cities across the country. Jurors deliberated for about three hours before convicting Randy Russell, Jerry Burton and Terese Howard,...
Read More
FILE - In this July 5, 2015, file photo, the United States Women's National Team celebrates with the trophy after they beat Japan 5-2 in the FIFA Women's World Cup soccer championship in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The U.S. Soccer Federation and the World Cup champion women's team have agreed on a labor contract, settling a dispute in which the players sought equitable wages to their male counterparts. The financial terms and length of the multiyear deal were not disclosed. The agreement was ratified by the players and the federation's board Tuesday. (AP Photo/Elaine Thompson, File)
April 05, 2017 - 7:01 pm
The U.S. women's national team believes its new contract is both fair and good for the future of the sport. The U.S. Soccer Federation and the team's union announced Wednesday that a labor deal had been struck to settle an at times contentious dispute in which the players sought equitable wages to...
Read More

Pages